For Vintage and Rare Parts to Buy Online Visit
WWW.CROXGUITARS.COM

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Danger! Don't do this

After my post extolling the virtues of patch decals I should have added a warning which I didn't heed myself. DO NOT BE IMPATIENT DURING THIS PROCESS.

When deep fill lacquering allow each coat to dry before adding the next coat and do not put too much lacquer on at a time. 5 thin coats is better than 3 thick coats.

I applied 3 very thick coats 1 hour apart and the result can be seen below. The lacquer has soaked into the decal and distorted it. Also beware of dust!





















I pre assembled the body to check the neck alignment, electrics and hardware, all need a little tweeking but she's looking good and nearly finished.























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home