For Vintage and Rare Parts to Buy Online Visit
WWW.CROXGUITARS.COM

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

SG Custom Deluxe Just Finished



This was an old Westfield SG set neck body which I’ve had kicking around for a while, it had no hardware and was painted black though had been silver at one stage. It stripped easily and revealed a nice mahogany body with a decent grain and so was begging out for a translucent finish

All the hardware I had already some of which I was going to use on the 335, however as I’d already decided to go with Grover tuners and bought the Burstbuster pups I used the bridge and controls.

So all the parts on this SG are Gibson with the exception of one volume pot which is a CTS, the pups are classic ‘57’s, ABR1 tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar, Gibson Deluxe gold tuners with green tulip knobs, Abalone trapezoid inlays, ‘60’s style NOS Gibson headstock veneer.(this was the only part that I bought for this project)

I am very pleased with the outcome , for more pictures clik here or on SG Custom Deluxe on the projects list on the right

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home